Just a little extra information to help make your stay on the island that much easier...
- Fly to us on American Airlines/US Air, Jet Blue and our local puddle jumpers Seaborne and Sea Flight from San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola and many other Caribbean islands
- Best airfare deals are Mondays thru Wednesdays
- Everyone here on St. Croix is exceptionally nice and easy going - to keep the good vibes going around we greet EVERYONE with Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Night/Evening
- Please Conserve Water! St. Croix is always bright and sunny and that means it doesn't rain much. Our water is precious!
- We are on an island where, if it doesn't grow here, it's shipped in…SHOP LOCAL for fresh fruits and vegetables as well as for your souvenirs. St. Croix has an amazing array of artisans and local farms who also sell handmade sauces and jams to take home with you. Want a fresh fruit snack to take hiking with you? We can provide you with local farm pickup locations.
- St. Croix has a bevy of sport and natural adventures. Please be true to you and your health and understand when an outdoor adventure might not be for you. For example, some hikes, whether with a guide or on your own, can be extremely rigorous. You can always ask at the front desk for advice.
- We're sure you've checked the weather reports for St. Croix several times as you consider your trip to visit us. So you're familiar with the consistent mid-80s/partly cloudy skies report. Please, please do not be discouraged by this weather report! The partly cloudy usually means big, billowy, white clouds passing gently by in a perfect cerrulean blue sky. See our note above about water conservation and it is a very real thing that it simply doesn't rain that often. If a shower does come through it's short lived (a few minutes) and is usually refreshing!
- Your cell phone...St. Croix is an AT&T island. Please check with your provider as to additional roaming or international charges they may apply. We know, we're the USA, but it is still useful to check with your provider. For example, Verizon charges $1.99 per minute for calls made from St. Croix and depending on your plan, a charge for text messaging unless you call to inform them you are still actually in the US
- We are working up some of our own driving maps to better help our guests - check back soon!
- We drive on the left hand side of the road with US standard cars which have the steering wheel on the left. It's pretty easy to get used to but we find that the first couple of days require some extra concentration! That's it! Within a day or so it'll be like riding a bike...on the left!
- Oh, and, we strongly urge you to rent a vehicle if you plan on seeing any part of the island. No pressure to go out and sight see, we completely understand the need to stay in and sit on the beach for 7 days straight! But, if you are here for even a little adventure we do recommend renting a car and our front desk can assist you with some local companies we like to support.