Find Your Happy...Stay with Us!
Our mailing address is:
Sand Castle on the Beach
Frederiksted, VI, 00840
Our actual location is:
Veteran's Shore Drive
Sea side on your right if coming from Frederiksted proper
Scroll down for written driving directions WE DRIVE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD AND SO SHOULD YOU!
Ever wonder how to Get There from Here? or from Here to There?
No matter where you are around the globe, you can find your way to our little slice of Paradise.
It's easier than you imagined...
Ahoy Mate! If you choose to Sail, our hat's off to you! And don't think you're alone in this venture...St. Croix welcomes many sailing boats and adventurers from all over the world. What does that mean for you? Lots of fresh water and rum on hand for you when you get here!
If Cruising is more your style, you're also in luck. Frederiksted is a deep water port, ready and able to house your yacht (or big boat!). And the Beach Side Cafe at Sand Castle on the Beach is the perfect spot to give your weary sea legs a nice, long rest.
If you decide to Fly, here are a couple of tips to keep in mind:
- Book a reservation on an airplane. Do not parasail, parachute, kitesurf, or skydive to get here. An airplane is the best idea.
- Look for flights from feeder cities such as Miami, San Juan, Madrid, London, or St. Maarten.
- Once you land on St. Croix, follow the directions listed below, and get ready to relax
Directions from the Airport to Sand Castle on the Beach
Important Note to Self: WE DRIVE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD. SO SHOULD YOU!
- From the St. Croix Airport exit, turn right to Frederiksted (this is Hwy 64).
- Go about 2 miles (3.3 km) to JCT66 (first light) and turn left onto Hwy 66 west (not marked). This road is also known as Melvin Evans Highway but not clearly marked as such.
- Go about 3.5 miles (5.8 km) to JCT661 (4th light/ blinking yellow light) and turn right (this is North 661). There is a sign indicating the right turn and says "Frederiksted"
- Drive a little over a half a mile (.8 km) to Queen Mary Highway (also known as Centerline Road). Stop at the stoplight if it is red, go straight through it if it is green. This intersection is known as Hannah's Rest Corner.
- Follow this road until it T's off. Turn left (you'll notice the post office on the right).
- Travel straight down the hill towards the beautiful Caribbean Sea and turn left onto the road closest to the ocean.
- Sand Castle on the Beach will be about a half-mile down (.8 km) on the right. Welcome!